Without doubt, the main strength of the AONB Family lies in its collective voice. It is the role of the National Association for AONBs (NAAONB) to help strengthen that voice, clarify its messages and ensure that it is heard in the right places at the right time with the right effect.
The NAAONB leads on the planning and delivery of a national training programme, working to facilitate learning and exchange of good practice, provision of technical support and advice, encouragement of innovation, commissioning of primary research and communicating this to both internal and external audiences. We do this by
- Providing a national communications strategy for the AONB Family
- Developing and managing our brand – Landscapes for Life
- Developing, maintaining and managing www.landscapesforlife.org.uk
- Maintain a public profile at targeted national events and activities
- Providing advice to Defra on all aspects of AONB partnerships as appropriate
- Organising an annual conference to raise awareness of and develop strategies for dealing with, issues of national importance
- Producing an annual review of NAAONB achievements
- Awarding annually The Bowland Award, for an outstanding contribution to the wellbeing of AONBs
- Organising a schedule of Ministerial visits
- Delivering a national programme of training and development, focusing on AONB Units and partnership members but also seeking to involve an outside audience as appropriate
- Coordinating the AONB Family expertise to produce national position statements
By undertaking the above we are working to ensure AONBs remain Landscapes for Life. The NAAONB produces a regular NAAONB Update which gives regular information about our activities.
To view the latest Update click NAAONB Update February 2016.
If you would like to receive NAAONB Update by email please contact our Communications and Events Manager.