The Joint Statement is a declaration of intent made between the National Association for Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (NAAONB) and English Heritage.
Both parties have an interest in, or responsibility for, the historic environment within Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs).
- The landscapes of AONBs have been created by centuries of interaction between people and nature.
- The historic environment is fundamental to the distinctive character and sense of place of each AONB.
- AONBs are national assets.
- The principles of the European Landscape Convention (ELC) underpin our actions and aspirations.
- By working together the parties can further the understanding, conservation and public enjoyment of the historic environment in AONBs.