Without doubt, the main strength of the AONB Family lies in its collective voice. It is the role of the National Association for AONBs (NAAONB) to help strengthen that voice, clarify its messages and ensure that it is heard in the right places at the right time with the right effect.
The NAAONB leads on raising funds to facilitate the work of the NAAONB, administration and management of resources available to the NAAONB including its people, taking a national lead on promoting innovative approaches to future resourcing, leading the development of capacity building for fund raising among AONB partnerships and evaluating the effectiveness of the NAAONB.
We do this by:
- Maintaining engagement with existing funding partners and working to establish additional funding partnerships
- Leading on large scale external funding bids
- Rolling out a review of governance arrangements for the NAAONB
- Scoping a reduction in NAAONB operating costs to include a review of office accommodation, electronic publishing, advertising and sponsorship
- Coordinating the views of AONB partnerships on the review of the AONB funding formula, contributing overview and offering advice to Defra
By undertaking the above we are working to ensure AONBs remain Landscapes for Life.
The NAAONB produces a regular newsletter, “AONB News”, which gives regular information about our activities. If you would like to received AONBs News please contact our Communications and Development Manager.